Laurel A. Salley
- Family Law
- Litigation and Appeals
Laurel Salley was born and raised in the New Orleans area. She attended St. Martin's Episcopal School, the University of Miami, Louisiana State University and Tulane Law School.
While at St. Martin's, Laurel was very involved in the Key Club, a community service organization for high school students. During her years at LSU, she was involved with many campus organizations, including Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. After graduation from LSU, Laurel joined the Lakeside Kiwanis Club, the same community service organization that sponsored her high school's Key Club. She is a member of the Lakeside Kiwanis Club to this day.
While attending Tulane Law School, Laurel worked as a research assistant for A.N. Yiannopoulos, Eason-Weinmann Professor of Comparative Law and Editor of the Louisiana Civil Code. She also studied abroad for two summers, where she took courses taught by United States Supreme Court Justices, as well as Louisiana Supreme Court Judges, Appellate Court Judges and other renowned legal authorities.
Upon her graduation from law school, Laurel decided to join her mother in practice, forming the partnership of Salley & Salley, LLC. After practicing family law with her mother for five years, Laurel was certified as a Family Law Specialists by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization.
Laurel is an active member of the community. She lives in Metairie, with her husband, two children, and dog, Apache.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Honors: cum laude
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Major: Psychology
- Louisiana, 1998
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 1998 to Present
- Jefferson Bar Association, 1998 to Present
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Secretary, 2001 to 2002
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Chair Elect, 2002 to 2003
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Chairman, 2003 to 2004
- National Register's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 2005 to 2006
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Board of Directors, 1997 to 2001
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Vice President, 1997 to 1998
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Member, 1997 to Present
- CALI Award for Excellence - Civil Law Persons, 1996
- Recognized as a Top Attorney in Louisiana, 2012
- A.N. Yiannopoulos, Eason-Weinmann Professor of Comparative Law and Editor of the Louisiana Civil Code,Tulane University School of Law, Research Assistant, 1997 to 1998
Fraternities or Sororities
- Kappa Alpha Theta
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist