Michael DuBose was born in Lake Charles, Louisaina, and grew up in Carencro, Louisiana. He attended Teurlings Catholic High School in Lafayette, Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, and the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law.
Michael earned a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from LSU. After graduation, Michael spent a year working as an office assistant at a small law firm in Baton Rouge, assisting attorneys and paralegals with personal injury cases.
During his time at Loyola University in New Orleans, Michael developed an interest in Family Law and Immigration Law. He spent a summer working as an intern with the Acadiana Legal Services Corporation in Lafayette, where he assisted attorneys with divorce, custody, and Child-in-Need-of-Care proceedings.
In his last year of law school, Michael worked as a Student Practitioner in the Children's Rights section of Loyola's Law Clinic. Here he represented minor children in especially contentious disputes, and represented undocumented children in immigration related proceedings. He also argued before the Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, the 24th Judicial District Court for the Parish of Jefferson, the juvenile courts for both Orleans and Jefferson Parish, and EOIR New Orleans Immigration Court before ever graduating.
Michael decided to make New Orleans his home and joined Salley & Salley in the Fall of 2018. He looks forward to using his skills and expertise to represent our clients, both old and new.
Areas Of Practice
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support/ Alimony
- Community Property Partitions
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Powers of Attorney
- Name Changes
- Louisiana, 2018
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2018
- Louisiana State University , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.A. - 2014
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana Bar Association , Member, 2018 to Present
- American Bar Association , Member, 2018 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic & Center for Social Justice , Student Practitioner , 2017 to 2018
- Acadiana Legal Services Corp., Law Clerk, 2015 to 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Jefferson Parish Public School System - Speech & Debate Team Coach, 2015 to 2019